Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pressure Cooker

I was talking to mom the other day about getting a pressure cooker and decided I really wanted one, so last Tuesday me and Mark went to Ace Hardware and bought one. I used it on Wednesday to make a beef roast. DANG THAT WAS GOOD!! It tasted just like mom's. As soon as I opened the pressure cooker I was almost drooling because it smelled so good.

So, I officially really like my new pressure cooker. Sunday I'm probably going to use it to cook some chicken that I've had in my freezer for months. I can taste it already...

The next biggest thing is I need more recipes. I really should get around to looking up some recipes online for the pressure cooker. I've decided not to buy cook books unless I'm able to flip through it and make sure I would actually use some of the recipes. (I bought 2 cookbooks online, and I think I've used one recipe total...it was kind of a waste of money honestly)

Anyway, on to the next topic:
Our vehicles are having problems again.
I took my car to Meineke on Wednesday because it was making a funny noise (Wednesday is my day off...that's why so much happens on Wednesday xD) It was kinda weird, me and Mark pulled into the drive way, and one of the people who works there came right up to me and started asking me what kinds of problems the car was having, etc. I'd never had someone do that before and it was kinda neat. Mark went into the office to do the paperwork while I explained to the person all the problems we were having. It was the Meineke in Independence, and I was extremely impressed with that. We're taking the Kia next Wednesday because it's got an oil leak and has some problems with the exhaust system. We already put quite a bit of money into the Kia since we've had it...so we're hoping these repairs won't be half as much.

Mark is starting school around the 20th, and we found some books online at www.half.com. Apparently it's an ebay company, and we bought 3 of Mark's books from there (1 was a teacher's edition math book...which it didn't say it was...so we're still working with the seller to see if we can send it back and get a refund. Mark went to the bookstore and just bought one so he could make sure he'd for sure have the right one for school.) The other two books we still haven't gotten in the mail, but I REALLY hope they're the right ones. The prices were lots cheaper than even the bookstore's used prices.

Well, that's about it for now that's going on. We're still looking into finding a place to live in Gladstone, but we've got until October to get that figured out.

No comments: