Friday, September 26, 2008

Update

Well, I went to work today for the first time all week...I lasted about 4 hours before I ended up coming home early. I knew 30 minutes into my shift there was no way I was going to be able to talk on the phone for 8 hours. Since I'm a mentor, I had a session today and decided to wait until that was over. As soon as my session ended, I came home. So I left work around 7:40 PM (It took me about 10 minutes to gather up all my stuff and be ready to go.)

While I was on the phone and talking, my jaw started hurting SUPER bad. I started to taste a tinge of blood, and every tooth in my mouth, especially my molars started to hurt. When I got home I took some pain killer, and that took care of it. Interestingly enough, earlier was the worst my mouth has hurt so far. I've already decided I'm calling in tomorrow. I'm not going to even mess with driving out there and staying at work for a few hours then driving all the way home. It's not worth the gas. And I'm sure the same thing will probably happen again. I need to practice talking again xD.

From what I know, my incisions are healing well. The doctor put in dissolveable stitches, so I don't have to go back... and I don't think any have fallen out yet (I'm kinda scared when they do, because I don't want to choke on one or something xD.) I'm tired of eating soft stuff...but I can't chew anything else still. Oh well.

Oh yeah, Lily was kind enough to puke on one of the couch covers on laundry day, so I was able to get a picture of what the couches look like under the cover while I washed the couch cover:

I don't think it looks that bad at all...except all those buttons are in the seat too, and sometimes they're uncomfortable...and they collect crumbs like a toaster tray O_O.

And while cleaning off my camera, I had to put some more pics of Lily, of course. She's the most exciting thing in our life for now xD.

She was asleep in that. It looks like she was all tucked in, with her little toy beside her ready for bed. Mark couldn't resist taking a picture, and I completely agree.

This is under the couch cover...It's Lily's latest hide out. I was lucky to get a picture of her outside it. Most the time she just curls up inside and you can't tell she's there unless the couch cover is bulging or she's meowing.

2 comments:

Lynette Hudson said...

I don't think you really need to worry about choking on the stitches when they come out... at least when I had them I kinda knew when they were coming out because I'd usually been messing with them all day. My mouth hurt quite a bit worse when the stitches were getting ready to come out. (Even if they do come out, they're dissolvable, so they're flexible enough they shouldn't get stuck)

Darla said...

Hopefully your incisions heal soon. It sucks when they're only half healed. Lily (the kitty, in this case) is cute. Yum-Yum used to crawl under our couch cover too. He accidentally got kicked more than once when we didn't know he was there.