Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm so glad that most of the time I'm healthy.

Little did I know, the sore throat I wrote about last time was just the beginning. Over the course of the past two weeks I ended up getting over the sore throat just to end up with a cold: runny nose, cough and sinus pressure. Around Tuesday night my ears started to hurt and I could feel something building up in them (it felt like I had water in my ear.) By Wednesday, it was starting to get hard to hear out of my right ear. After talking to Mom a bit for some ideas of what I could do to get rid of my cold and make it so I could hear, I went to a CVS minute clinic (This was actually the 2nd time I went...I went two Wednesdays in a row, the first for the sore throat and then the second mainly for my ear.) Come to find out, I had an ear infection from my cold. I hope that NEVER happens again. It got so blocked I could barely hear out of my right ear. Literally, there were times Mark was standing a foot away from me, on my right side, and I couldn't hear a word he said. He would have to come to my left side so I could hear him.

The doctor gave me some antibiotics, and today my ear infection finally cleared up. I blew my nose three or four times, and both my ears popped a few times, and viola, I could hear again!

These last two weeks have been miserable for me, just because of being sick. I'm really glad Mark didn't get it and hope I didn't give it to anyone else. (This is one of those kinds of sicknesses NO ONE deserves to have)

I've still got a cough and a slightly drippy nose, but I will take that any day in exchange for the ability to hear.

It's amazing to me what we take for granted because it's so normal. I didn't realize how much I had to listen until I couldn't hear any more (and actually had to make an effort to be able to hear.) I'm also very glad I don't get sick very often.

1 comment:

Darla said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. That sounds awful (no pun intended). No wonder babies are so miserable when they get ear infections... I don't think I've ever had one that I can actually remember.