Sunday, June 27, 2010

I finally got pictures of the plants I was talking about in the last post.

Here are the very dead peas:


Here is the tomato planter. There is a tomato plant in the top and a tomato plant in the bottom. AND we have 2 tomatoes forming! So of course I had to include a picture of that:



I got tired of having dead plants/containers of dirt just sitting on the balcony so I put it all in the trash...all we have now is empty planting containers. Who knows, maybe at our next place they'll get more use.

Yesterday we happened to drive past an oil painting sale. I convinced Mark to come with me so we could go look at some paintings and we ended up buying a couple. The first one is my FAVORITE and it's hanging in our living room now:


We also got this one for Mark's mom since she really likes horses. It's in our dining room until we can get it to her though.


They are oil paintings but they look more like photographs. I love it when paintings look like that. The artist said that since the houses aren't selling his paintings aren't selling very well either. He was having a 75% off sale on them when we stopped by and wanted to make a sale bad enough that he said that HE would pay the sales tax on them. (If they weren't 75% off we wouldn't have bought them though. I'm too cheap to pay full price on something like that.) Normal price was any where from $15 to $90 each depending on the size. I think we got a good deal and we're very happy. Both of these paintings are 2 feet by 3 feet...so they're certainly decent sized.

I've been looking at our walls lately and they're pretty sparse as far as decorations go...so I've been keeping my eyes open for art/good pictures to put up. I'm really excited about these paintings.

Mark REALLY likes his new school (YAY!) and loves the classes he's in. Hopefully the 2 years or so he'll have to spend at this school won't seem so long since he likes the classes.

His pinky finger also seems to be healing well. At his last doctors appointment the doctor told Mark to grip his hand and Mark couldn't because of his pinky. He has another doctors appointment in a about a week and a half to see if it's completely healed yet. Mark hasn't quite been able to grip yet but he can move his pinky into a fist position which is more than he was able to do last week. He hasn't lost his finger nail either. Hallelujah that the body can heal it's own injuries in most cases! We're both glad that the injury wasn't any worse.

No comments: